- Gain an insight into different sports industries
- Coach, officiate and deliver sports sessions
- Additional courses CSLA / HSLA
- This course is a double qualification equivalent to two A Levels and will count as two of your sixth form options
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at students aspiring for a professional career in the sports industry. The content provides the knowledge understanding and skills that underpin job roles within the sports industry.
What will I learn?
You will develop and gain skills in a vast range of assessment methods. Students will sit three examinations as part of the course. There are six mandatory units and three additional units to make up the course.
- Anatomy and physiology (examined)
- Fitness training and programming for health, sport and well-being (examined)
- Sports leadership
- Professional development in the sports industry
- Investigating business and leisure in the sport industry
- Skill acquisition in sport
- Rules, regulations and coaching
- Practical sports performance
- Organising sports events
You must be enthusiastic and motivated in all areas of sport. You may also be given the opportunity to undertake additional learning to enhance your CV.
Practical sessions are performed as part of the course content but practical ability is not assessed.
Specific entry requirements: Standard sixth form entry criteria, including grade 4 in GCSE Biology or 4/4 in GCSE Trilogy Science.
Sports Management, Sports Business, Sports development, Fitness Instructor or Performance Analysis.