Young people are faced with a complex set of demands when making themselves ready for their future careers. South Hunsley aims to ensure that our students are self-confident, skilled and career-ready. This is achieved through a programme of activities that span every year group, from Year 7 through to Year 13 and beyond…
- Access to a range of activities that inspire them, including employer talks, careers fairs, motivational speakers, college and university visits and access to coaches and mentors
- Links with local employers, to help boost attitudes and employability skills, learn about the range of roles and opportunities available
- Work experience provision where it is appropriate and beneficial
- Access to advice on options available at post-16 including apprenticeships and entrepreneurialism, and opportunities available from other post-16 providers
- Face-to-face advice and guidance to build confidence and motivation
- Coordinated support from external agencies including the local authority where students are vulnerable, have special educational needs or are at risk of becoming NEET
- Information on the financial support available to them post-16
- Information from Jobcentre Plus to develop a smoother pathway between education and work
- 24 hour access to careers advice from trained specialists at U-explore
- The opportunity to book a careers appointment with a trained specialist at school – this opportunity is available to all students in every year group
- Activities during form time in all year groups that promotes awareness of a wide range of career opportunities and progression routes.
We have worked with the following organisations in recent years to support students as they explore and prepare for their futures:
Blair Jacobs Communications
The University of Hull
Hull York Medical School
360 Chartered Accountants
The Coffee House
Automotive Funding Solutions
Ships and Pigs
Your New Horizon
Humberside Fire and Rescue
British Red Cross
Night and Day PA
Sheffield Hallam University
The Sewell Group
Systech IT Solutions
William Jackson Food Group
MS3 Point-to-Point Circuits
We are always interested in making new links. If you feel your organisation can support students in planning their future careers, please contact Sarah Barley, Subject Leader – Extended Studies.
Students and parents/carers can register for U-explore website at any time. Just go to www.u-explore.com and register using the school code 44215. You need to provide your name and your school email address. All registrations are verified by U-explore with the school so please enter your details carefully. Parents/carers are kindly asked to register separately from students as some of the careers input students receive is based on their website activity.
Students can also request a Careers appointment at any time here at the school. Please contact Julie Barker for details, based in the upstairs Eastdale office.