Home » Admissions


Admission to South Hunsley Secondary School

Every year we have 350 places available to new Year 7 students. Places are allocated in line with the East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s co-ordinated admission scheme, and we priorities as follows:

  • Children who are looked after by a local authority and to children who were previously looked after, including children who were previously looked after by a local authority outside England, but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
  • Children who live in the school’s designated catchment area.
  • Children who have a sibling attending the school in Years 7 to 10.
  • Children who have attended the school’s named feeder junior or primary schools since the beginning of National Curriculum Year 3.
  • Children of members of staff working at South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College.
  • Children who live closest to the school. The distance from the child’s home to the school will be measured and priority will be given to those living nearest to the school.

To view the proposed arrangements for South Hunsley’s 2022-23 admission criteria, please click here.

Admission to Year 7

If you want to apply for a place in Year 7 at South Hunsley for entry in September 2022, you will need to apply through the local authority responsible for the area where you live, even if you want a place for your child at a school in another local authority’s area.

Our normal school admissions arrangements apply when a child is transferring from primary school to secondary education at the end of Year 6.  Please visit your local authority website for more specific information on how to apply.

Deadline for applications to your local authority: 31st October 2021

Local Authority notification of school place: Tuesday 1st March 2022

View more information on East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s co-ordinated admissions scheme.

View more information on Hull City Council’s co-ordinated admissions scheme.

In Year Admissions

Our in-year admission arrangements apply when a child is already attending another secondary school and parents want to move their child to South Hunsley.

If you want to make an in year application you will have to apply to the Local Authority responsible for the area you live.  More information is available on the East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s website, and for those parents living within the East Riding, the council will ask you to complete and submit an In Year Application Form.

Year 6 Transition
Find Out More  
Year 6 Open Evenings
Find Out More