Health and Social Care
- Develop and gain insight into the issues in the expanding world of health and social care
- Gain experience and prepare for the professional working environment of caring professionals
Is this course for me?
This course gives you the chance to build awareness and understanding of contemporary issues in and surrounding health and social care and can prepare you for a career within this sector. You will develop skills that will enable you to make an effective contribution to this sector, including skills of research, analysis and problem solving in a work related context. The course is offered at the Level 3 Extended Certificate which is equivalent to one A Level.
What will I learn?
The course offers a variety of modules that are vocationally relevant for this sector. Over the two years you will cover a selection of modules, such as:
- Personalisation of a person-centred approach to care
- Promoting health and well-being
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Nutrition for health
- Building a positive relationships in health and social care
- Creativity and activity for children and young people
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
Anything else I need to know?
The course offers a great variety of experiences to ensure that you gain and develop a deeper insight into and understanding of the complexities of the world of health and social care. You will complete a collection of coursework and examined modules over the two-year course.
Specific entry requirements: Standard sixth form entry criteria, including grade 4 English Language.
There are a variety of different career paths that can be pursued, these include: Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Family and Youth Worker, Teaching and Education.