Art & Design
- Study a wide range of artists and designers
- Develop and produce your own art and design work
- Organised visits to art galleries and exhibitions
- Requires self-discipline and motivation
Is this course for me?
The emphasis in this course is learning by doing. If you are a creative and imaginative person who is hard working and able to work with independence and initiative, then this course could be for you.
What will I learn?
- Knowledge of art, craft and design media and technologies in current and past societies and cultures.
- Gain experience and skills working with a range of media and techniques, both traditional and new.
- Develop your intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive powers
- Develop your analytical, practical and expressive skills.
- Develop your aesthetic understanding and critical judgement.
- Develop your independent thinking skills.
Anything else I need to know?
You will be expected to be active in seeking out inspiration, ideas and resources. This course offers the opportunity to explore and develop areas of personal interest. Each student’s work is the work of a creative individual and will clearly reflect that.
Specific entry requirements: Standard A Level programme criteria, including Grade 4 in GCSE Art.
Graphic Designer, Freelance Artist, Illustrator, Fashion Designer, Interior Designer, Architect, Textile Designer.